Pelagic Day Trip for Whales, Dolphins and Seabirds
Sunday, July 21, 2013
Join us for a full day of whalewatching in California's famous Monterey Bay. The California Coast is one of the best locations to observe seabirds such as shearwaters, jaegers, skuas, albatross, and alcids. Sea Otters play around in the kelp forests and friendly Humpback Whales often come right up to the ship! Bring your binoculars to look for Pacific White-sided, Common, and Risso's dolphins and perhaps even a Northern Right Whale Dolphin or the largest animal on the planet - the Blue Whale. These popular trips fill very quickly, so please contact us early for reservations.
Humpback Whale in Monterey Bay
Cost: $120 per person for one full-day pelagic trip. Not including lunch or beverages or water.
Leaders: Ted, Gail and/or Doug Cheeseman; plus other top-notch pelagic leaders.
Size: 50 participants plus our leaders.
Time: 7:40 AM (ship departs at 8 AM sharp, no exceptions) to 4 PM.
Depart from: Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey, California.
Boat: Star of Monterey, 65 feet long, owned by Chris' Sportfishing, skippered by Nick Lemon
Hotels: Listing of hotels near Fisherman's Warf.
Elegant Terns feeding in the kelp
Update: This itinerary was updated in September 2012.
To Make a Reservation: Please contact us (there are many methods of contacting us) to assure space availability and to let us answer your questions.
|Cheesemans' Ecology Safaris
20800 Kittredge Road
Saratoga, CA 95070
|Toll Free: (800) 527-5330
Fax: (408) 741-0358
Cancellations: If you need to cancel, please let us know at least 10 days prior to the trip so we can send a refund. We cannot give refunds or credit if you cancel within 10 days of the trip.
Pacific White-sided Dolphins
Trip details: We will send you complete details upon receiving your payment.
Seasickness: Don't let a fear of seasickness prevent you from signing up! Read our suggestions for coping with seasickness.
Detailed information about your specific tour will be sent to you after you make your reservation with us. These trip materials include information about flights, packing, entry and departure requirements, airport transfers, gratuities, etc. Please take a moment to read this important informtation upon receipt.
- Non-smoking policy: We have a strict non-smoking policy. Smoking is not permitted at any time or any place during our tours.
- Maximum time in the field: We try to spend as much time in the field as possible, sometimes resulting in long days but giving you a more in-depth experience.
- Itinerary route: The itinerary route, stops and plans are subject to change by unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, such as weather, wildlife sightings, or road conditions.
- Additional forms: For some of our tours, you may be asked to fill out additional forms (e.g., medical questionnaire).
- Medical conditions and travel risks: Travel to remote places is exciting, but understanding and accepting the risks, both medical and logistical, are important. Minor medical problems can usually be treated, but due to the fact that we often travel to locations far from medical facilities, there can be no expectation for immediate medical treatment or evacuation, even in cases of trauma. Anyone with health problems needing close medical supervision should not consider going on this trip. Bring enough medication for the duration of the trip for any chronic medical needs, since pharmacies are usually not available. When you send your tour deposit and signed reservation form, you certify to us that you do not knowingly have any physical or other conditions that would create a risk for yourself or for other trip participants.
If you would like to be on our mailing list or request information, please use our online information request form or contact us to give us your name, address, email address and phone number. Please note we will never share your personal information with anybody!
Cheesemans' Ecology Safaris, Saratoga, California, act only as agents and shall not be responsible or become liable for any delay incurred by any person in connection with any means of transportation, nor for the loss, damage, or injury to person or property by reason of any event beyond the control of the agency or default of such agency suppliers. We reserve the right to cancel the tour prior to departure in which case full refund will constitute full settlement to the passenger. No refund will be made for any unused portion of the tour unless arrangements are made at the time of booking. All rates are based on current tariffs, exchange rates and fuel prices and are subject to adjustment in the event of any change therein. By sending your initial deposit, you agree to accept our payment schedule as a contract. If payments are still outstanding two weeks after the due date, your space may be forfeited. Baggage is at the owner's risk.
Cheesemans' Ecology Safaris is registered as California Seller of Travel #2063050-40. Registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by the State of California. Cheesemans' Ecology Safaris is a participant in the Travel Consumer Restitution Corporation (TCRC). In event of a client canceling where a refund is applicable in accordance with the schedule above, or in the event that CES needs to cancel the trip, all payments for transportation or travel service not provided to the client shall be promptly refunded, unless the client instructs us otherwise in writing. All client payments are deposited into a trust account in accordance with California law. If for any reason a valid refund is not forthcoming, the client may request reimbursement from the TCRC within six months of the scheduled end of the tour. Please feel free to ask us for more information.
Return to top
All material © Cheesemans' Ecology Safaris.
All photos © Doug or Ted Cheeseman, unless otherwise credited.
| Home |
Current Trips |
Site Map |
About Us |