Sail Aboard the
with Cheesemans' Ecology Safaris
The Sea Spirit is an “all suite” luxury vessel built for sailing in ice with an ice-strengthened hull and retractable fin stabilizers. All the cabins have a private, en-suite bathroom, a lounge area, ample storage, and a television with DVD player. The cabins have unobstructed exterior views via portholes, picture windows, or a private balcony. The ship is outfitted with a presentation room for on-board lectures, internet access, a gym, library, game room, lounge, bar with bartender, and dining lounge with chef-prepared meals. The Sea Spirit provides warm and comfortable accommodation for 100 passengers, our Expedition Staff, and the Crewmembers.
The Sea Spirit carries a fleet of ten Zodiacs for our excursions, driven by our own experienced leaders. Located at the rear of the ship, the Zodiac loading area provides a safe and relatively sheltered place from which to embark on our adventures.
The ice-strengthened expedition ship Sea Spirit (originally Renaissance V) was built in 1991 in Italy. The vessel was modified in late 2010. The Sea Spirit’s length is 90.6 meters (297 ft.) and beam is 15.3 meters (50 ft.) with a maximum speed of 14 knots. The ship provides ample comfortable accommodations for our 100 passengers, expedition staff, and crewmembers. A fleet of rubber inflatable boats are provided for landings (10 Zodiacs) driven by our own experienced drivers. A set of retractable fin stabilizers deliver smooth sailing to make your polar expedition enjoyable and safe.
- Restaurant – Offers chef-prepared meals and exquisite service that one doesn’t expect to experience in wild places like Antarctica.
- Bar – After a day of activities and explorations passengers are always welcome at a bar staffed by a professional bartender.
- Library – A large collection of polar books and DVDs in a quiet cozy place for reading and relaxation.
- Lounge – Offers great opportunities for socializing and observing fantastic landscapes.
- Presentation room – Multi-purpose presentation room with state-of-the-art equipment for lectures and presentations of our notable guest lecturers.
- Gym – A well-equipped gym allows travelers not to break away from regular sports for the time of a trip.
- Onboard Polar Boutique
- Life-saving equipment – Overhauled lifeboat engine, serviced and renewed other equipment.
- Doctor and small infirmary
- Internet access for a fee
|Owner’s||600||40 square meters (about 437 square feet); separate living room; King Size bed and sofa bed (can accommodate a teenager); private deck; jetted bathtub.|
|Premium||601 – 606||33 square meters (about 353 square feet); two twin or a King Size bed; private balcony; private facilities.|
|Deluxe||505 – 512||26 square meters (about 277 square feet); two twin or a King Size bed; private balcony; private facilities.|
|Superior||414 – 428||22 square meters (about 235 square feet); two twin or a King Size bed; picture window overlooks on outside walkway; private facilities.|
|Classic||330 – 340||23 square meters (about 250 square feet); two twin or a King Size bed; picture window; private facilities.|
|Main Deck||252 – 257||20 square meters (about 215 square feet); two twin or a King Size bed; minimum two portholes; private facilities.|
|Triple||341 – 348||23 square meters (about 250 square feet); 2 twins (convert to a King) and a sofa bed; picture window; private facilities.|
Note: Deck plan, cabin arrangements, and cabin amenities are subject to change by ship operator. Deck plan diagrams are not drawn to scale.
View the Ship
All the cabins have a private, en-suite bathroom, a lounge area, ample storage, and a television with DVD player. The cabins have unobstructed exterior views via portholes, picture windows, or a private balcony.